DARK LANDING

DARK LANDING
Welcome to the landing zone

Sunday, May 16, 2010

THE LYING GAME

The way I understand it, Jacquie Rogers has tagged me and now I have to tell 6 truths and one lie or six lies and one truth, people guess and the winner gets something.

Okay:
1) Natalie Wood once teased me about her special silk French panties.
2) Director Brian Forbes was furious with me for telling the truth on the set of our Jacquie Bisset Lux Beauty Soap shoot.
3) I wrote song lyrics for Disney's NBC Show, "Disney's Wonderful World" and they still run in Eastern Europe and other places.
4) Steve McQueen and I had a shootout over money and I lost big-time.
5) I optioned my screenplay STYX based on Chris Hyde's world-wide bestselling novel not once but twice..
6) Rod Serling was supportive and friendly to aspiring young writers.
7) When Disney did ads for Watcher in the Woods they warned family audiences to stay away because it was too frightening.  

So if you get it right, you will win a rare DVD copy of my dramatic film short "Extinction," which I'll have to hand-produce and snail mail to your address.  

8 comments:

  1. John,
    It was I who tagged you and also Brenna Lyons and Sandy Lender from (rowenacherry.blogspot.com) but
    no matter.

    Which 7 authors are you nominating?

    As for you... I think you told one truth and it was #5, that you optioned your screenplay STYX not once but twice.

    And you are quite mistaken about me and the oversexed ostrich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to nominate SEVEN authors? This gets complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1, I doubt seriously.
    #2 just has to be true. Has to be.
    #3 could very well be true.
    #4, hmmm. You're just ornery enough for this to be true.
    #5 I hope is true!
    #6, not sure.
    #7 . . . I didn't go see that picture--too scary--so that could be true. But really, wouldn't they want to make money?

    John, you're one heckuva good liar. But just to match your orneriness, I'm going to say 6 truths and 1 lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, John.

    You don't want to get a reputation as a dead end sort of guy, do you?

    Any seven blogging authors will do, but of course, good liars are best. Or really, really interesting people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mind you... they don't have to be authors. Celebrity actors and directors wouldn't hurt. Do you know Russell Crowe, or Hugh Jackman?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rowena, nothing like shooting for the stars, eh? And I mean stars!

    BTW, I fixed your website URL in my blog.

    John, go right on ahead and nominate seven. They might ignore it, or they might find out that it's something fun to post on their blogs. After all, blog content is always welcome. :)

    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Say, your website is looking pretty snazzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, wait, wait...I don't really get this game. Do I now publically tell all, or do I have to wait for a while or what?

    The seven authors I nominate are Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Crane, Keats, Coleridge, Ovid and that guy who write Gilgamesh.

    Rowena, it's not who you know in Hollywood, but what they think of you. I am hovering at about absolute zero on the celebrity heatometer. I don't care. I just write stuff, and writers out here are supposed to be invisible. My cousin Michael is the big time producer. You can imdb him. Or, better yet, send him your screenplays. californiamike@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete