DARK LANDING

DARK LANDING
Welcome to the landing zone

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A BASIC BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY: PANASONIC


In 2006 Matt Klawitter produced a dramatic short film titled "Extinction" with top of the line camera equipment that he got provided free by Panasonic through a 'new filmmakers' program. So every year, when the Directors Guild holds "Digital Day" I stop by at the Panasonic booth to see what's new with them. This summer, I met Doug Leighton, one of their execs who worked on that program. Doug gave me his card, and on the back of it was printed:
Basic Business Philosophy
The Seven Principles
1) Contribution to Society
2) Fairness and Honesty
3) Cooperation and Team Spirit
4) Untiring Effort for Improvement
5) Courtesy and Humility
6) Adaptability
7) Gratitude

And I thought to myself that striving for perfection in an imperfect world isn't a bad way to be.
j.

No comments:

Post a Comment